Greek Bronze Age ended 100 years earlier than thought, new evidence suggests
Lampros F. Kallenos
2014-10-09 15:00:26 UTC
Greek Bronze Age ended 100 years earlier than thought, new
evidence suggests

While historical chronologies traditionally place the end of
the Greek Bronze Age at around 1025 BCE, this latest
research suggests a date 70 to 100 years earlier.

. . . . . .

'Until very recently the chronology of the later part of the
Greek Bronze Age was entirely based on historical dates
derived from Egypt and the Near East with the aid of
exported or imported objects such as Minoan or Mycenaean
pottery or Egyptian scarabs.

'But if we accept the 14C radiocarbon dating – and there is
no good reason not to – we have to rethink our understanding
of a long sequence of dates from the middle of the 14th
century BCE to the beginning of the 11th century BCE.

'This is a fundamental reassessment and is important not
just for Greece but in the wider Mediterranean context. It
affects the ways in which we understand the relationships
between different areas, including the hotly debated dates
of developments in Israel and Spain.'

more:

http://phys.org/news/2014-10-greek-bronze-age-years-earlier.html

Lampros F. Kallenos