One your replacement position at Colby College — H ellenist/Generalist
Hanna Roisman
2014-09-18 15:45:01 UTC
COLBY COLLEGE – WATERVILLE, ME
Classics Search

The Department of Classics at Colby College invites applications for a
one-year replacement position beginning Fall 2015 at the rank of Faculty
Fellow.

Ph.D. or A.B.D. in Classics required. The candidate should be a Hellenist
or Generalist, ideally with a proven excellence in teaching both large and
small classes, and the capability to foster a growing interest in Classics
at Colby College. The successful candidate should have the ability to teach
Greek and Latin at all levels and possibly courses in translation. The
teaching load is four courses. Review of applications will begin December
1, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Applicants may be
interviewed at the SCS meeting in New Orleans. Please send a complete
dossier including: cover letter, curriculum vitae, three letters of
reference, statement of teaching philosophy and research interests,
summaries of teaching evaluations (optional) in a single PDF file titled
with your last and first name, via email to:
***@colby.edu. Colby College is committed to
equality and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage
inquiries from candidates who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic
diversity of our college. Colby College does not discriminate on the basis
of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ancestry or
national origin, or age in employment or in our educational programs. For