Peter Greenaway and Agrippa
Lusnia, Susann S
2014-09-19 17:20:51 UTC
Noticed this on ANSA.it today - Peter Greenaway is planning a project on Agrippa.

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/lifestyle/arts/2014/09/19/greenaway-unveils-agrippa-project_d54ea630-c08b-4805-9fb0-e6422e191f76.html

Greenaway unveils Agrippa project - Lifestyle - ANSA.it
Welsh film-maker, artist and painter Peter Greenaway said Friday he will produce a multi-media project dedicated to "Agrippa, the right-hand man and brother-in-law of the Emperor Augustus". (ANSA)
Read more...<http://www.ansa.it/english/news/lifestyle/arts/2014/09/19/greenaway-unveils-agrippa-project_d54ea630-c08b-4805-9fb0-e6422e191f76.html>

Susann S. Lusnia, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Classical Studies
http://tulane.academia.edu/SusannLusnia

Executive Director
Center for Engaged Learning & Teaching (CELT)
http://tulane.edu/celt
Ivan Van Laningham
2014-09-19 17:37:34 UTC
Greenaway's working title is "Agrippa of the House of Atreus."

Metta,
Ivan
Post by Lusnia, Susann S
Noticed this on ANSA.it today - Peter Greenaway is planning a project on Agrippa.
http://www.ansa.it/english/news/lifestyle/arts/2014/09/19/greenaway-unveils-agrippa-project_d54ea630-c08b-4805-9fb0-e6422e191f76.html
[
http://www.ansa.it/webimages/img_457x/2014/9/18/f22d7a2781c129708937f08f9dd09c98.jpg
]<
--
Ivan Van Laningham
God N Locomotive Works
Author: Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours
Scot Mcphee
2014-09-24 04:23:39 UTC
"I will make Agrippa die at Pompeii," Greenaway said.

... sigh ... A few years ago I saw Greenaway present a "multimedia"
exhibition at an art gallery (GOMA, Qld), with an speaking engagement as
well, his ranting about "what cinema was" happened to be a laughable
pastiche of post-cinematic thinking in which cinema was bad because it told
stories, among other things, worse than undergraduate. I wouldn't hold out
hope of anything watchable, entertaining, or historically informative.

Scot

*Scot Mcphee. *
*Computer programmer. Classics PhD.*
p +61 412 957414